miércoles, 21 de diciembre de 2016

Why rolling around the world?

In this picture, Happy in my birthday.
I always say in conferences that I am 
a double agent because I can walk
but I also go on my wheelchair, scooter or
walker, that way I can see the differences in 

the types of accessibility.
This post is specially for all my non Spanish speaking friends that always ask me for a post in English to tell them what I do and why.

Tourism was my first course of study, not the only one but the one that gave a sense to my purpose in life.

Traveling is amazing for all those who love doing it. When you have a disability the only difference is that it takes more time to plan it, but that is just about it.

In this blog I write about places that are nice and suitable for people travelling with limited mobility, or with different kinds of challenges. 

I understand by limited mobility, those people who walk with aids like canes, clutches or those who get around in a wheelchair or a scooter.

The reason why I write in Spanish is because there is a deeper need of information in this language than there is in English. 

Anyhow, as many posts have plenty of pictures of toilets mainly in hotels, restaurants or museums, these images can be very useful even for people that speak different languages.

In this blog I write about DESTINATIONS, HOTELS, SERVICES, ATTRACTIONS, TOURISM SERVICES, HELPING AIDS AND URBANISM. 

My posts are always aiming to cheer people up towards travelling. I find that people with different disabilities stop themselves from leaving home because they do not have enough informations about their needs. 

The posts also specify if the attraction, hotel or city is suitable for people with what kind of mobility and or challenge. 
Whenever I find a friendly city, my choice
is a scooter, because it enables me to
move around at my mind rhythm. It gives
me a sense of independence I love. This
is me on the great scooter of my choice
in LAS VEGAS, YELLOW SCOOTERS

There are two ways of getting to find what you need in the blog, one is browsing month by month on the right side of the posts and clicking on the desired title. Another one is writing key words on the window that is on the top left side of the blog. 

Words like Disney, Las Vegas, Praga (Prague), Venecia (Venice), Paris, Estambul(Istambul), Madrid, Barcelona, Cuba, Ayudas Técnicas (helping aids), Servicios (services).  

Key words are in Spanish. I am trying to update them to English so getting to the posts could be easier.

After this words I will post some pics of the blog and under them in the description, I will paste the links to them.

Another thing that helps a lot is that when I write about a Destination for instance, in the end of the post I always paste the links to related items such as, transportation, hotels, museums and services in the same place.

As I write in  different magazines there are also some articles in Portuguese, which can be enjoyed and pics of the printed version of them.

It always happens, if you want to read this post in Spanish, there is a version, here the link to it
POR QUÉ RODAR POR EL MUNDO

Should you need to come to Argentina, my beloved country, know that there are many great choices of Accessible destinations, hotels, beaches and National Parks. 
There are also some issues with the transportation of people with reduced mobility, but the good news is that I am here to help you out to plan your perfect choice of trip. 
Do not hesitate to contact me, through this blog, 
Facebook: www.facebook.com/nelidabarbeito
Twitter:  @nelidabarbeito
Instagram: accesibilidad_nelida_barbeito

I am very proud to have developed the first all accessible hotel of the country. It is a cozy Boutique hotel that has nine rooms, a restaurant and a SPA.

It is located, in the famous GAUCHO Town of San Antonio de Areco.
Do not miss the opportunity of taking a look at it through this post: 
SOLAR DEL PAGO  

Without any further delays, pics and links to the posts. Hope to have you around soon!

Destinations
Key words:
Barcelona, Paris, Venecia, Puerto Madryn, Praga, Madrid, Estambul, Orlando, New York, Las Vegas, Disney.

Sometimes I write about what every tourist goes through before traveling, FEARS. There are many of them, what to expect upon arrival to the airport or train station. The chosen hotel, your home away from home, then the activities to be performed, and what you think you want to do. 
And in case you ask, yes the little girl in the pic is me somewhere in Paris with a brochure in the right hand!

This is the case of the post PARIS, before PARIS.
 PARIS before PARIS
PARIS BEFORE PARIS
URBANISM
This post is mostly about URBANISM in Barcelona, and the pleasure of the way the streets and ramps are made as well as the way the city had been developing itself towards its accessibility.


BARCELONA, ACCESSIBILITY AND URBANISM

ISTAMBUL BY THE HAND, this post is about my first impression of Istanbul. I was so afraid of this city that I went by Cruise just to make sure I would only be there for 9 hours.


ISTAMBUL, BY THE HAND

GROUP TRAVELLING

Going to DISNEY with my mom being two adults is one thing, but joining a floc of 2 children, one adolescent, two mothers in law and a marriage is another thing, here is my experience, with my friends family.



DISNEY, ON WHEELS AND IN A GANG

COMING BACK TO A CITY SITTING INSTEAD OF STANDING

Coming back to New York  after many years and renting a scooter was just the beginning of the experience. The result? If you have issues to walk, DO IT,  DO NOT HESITATE, is way more difficult to go around in a wheelchair than in a scooter.



ACCESSIBLE NEW YORK

HOTEL REVIEWS in different destinations. 

KEY WORDS: La Habana, Panamá, Puerto Madryn, Orlando, Miami, Venecia, Las Vegas or Praga. 

LA HABANA
Cuba is magical, and if you pick a charming hotel is better, I took my breakfast in the same place Capone did...


LA HABANA - MERCURE HOTEL where Al Capone lived!

LAS VEGAS

Guilty as charged, I broke the spell, what happened in Vegas I spread it through all my blog, because I loved its accessibility!!! And I keep coming back for more! 


Accessibility at CAESARS PALACE in LAS VEGAS

PRAGUE
I went to Prague fearing the mood of its people, I might have been very lucky but we had a great experience there, but I have to admit that 70% of it was because of the hotel we picked.


PEARL HOTEL, a pearl of Accessibility in PRAGUE

VENICE
It is so nice when you arrive to a city and you just feel at home, when you can develop a routine, when people recall having seen you... it is just Amazing, that is Venice to us. And when on top of that, the accessibility gets better and better every time you come back, you just feel in Cloud 9! We went fiv times for a week each time and we always want to come back to go to new accessible places!

VENICE - SAN SEBASTIANO GARDEN - and every day life

HELPING AIDS
key words: AYUDAS TÉCNICAS


SCOOTER

One of the main reasons I write in Spanish, things like scooters are not very much seen around here, that is why this post. What is a scooter, where, when and why to rent one. 

A SCOOTER, what is it, where, why and when to rent one
TRAVELING BAR
Other aid very little seen in our country are these portable bars. They are now my best travel buddies.

Helping Aids - Travelling Bar


ACCESSIBLE SERVICES

KEY WORDS: SERVICIOS ACCESIBLES.

TANGO
Tango is our identity, together with great meat, and there are many accessible choices in Buenos Aires, do not hesitate to come!


Tango and Accessibility

TRANSFERS 
Accessible transfers are the very first part of the chain of accessibility, when you arrive to a station and there is an ACCESSIBLE TRANSFER waiting for you there you have the first smile upon arrival to a Destination. ACCESSIBLE CANCUN

SERVICES - ACCESSIBLE CANCUN 
TOURS

Accessible Tours, transfers and excursion in big cities and destinations around them. The great service of ACCESSIBLE MADRID, and how they made our stay in TOLEDO and MADRID a memorable one. 


ACCESSIBLE MADRID, SCOOTERS AND EXCURSION SERVICES

No hay comentarios: